When asking men in prisons about their experience participating in the K21 Squire (Year 1)
program, the results were overwhelmingly positive.
After completing Squire: The Training of the Knight:
- 90% of men feel angry less often
- 89% get into arguments or fights less often
- 84% experience fewer disciplinary actions against them
- 97% feel more satisfied about who they are
- 100% are motivated to be honorable men
- 99% have a higher hope of being successful upon release from prison
- 82% discuss Knights21 lessons with others
- 95% have improved relationship skills
- 91% have come to terms with their past failures
- 90% have a job or are responsibly contributing to their self-care
- 92% have learned to use their faith when making decisions
- 94% can identify two positive goals for the future
THESE SURVEY RESULTS PROVED TO BE PROGRESSIVE — the longer a man was part of a K21 program, the more positive his survey responses and outlook on life became.
“Knights of The 21st Century opened my eyes to the true and meaningful values and attributes of life. I will use and value these lessons the rest of my life.”
“Knights of The 21st Century has taught me how to really succeed and have a fulfilling life. Knightly love is about keeping your wife happy, and feeling better as a man because you put her needs before your wants.”
“Knights is a great class. I wait for Wednesdays to have the class. And the way it is taught is very interesting and I learn a lot. I hope other people have the same opportunity that I have. Thank you for helping me take a deep look at how to be a better man. Not the false ways I was taught. Thank you very much!”
Through our 24-week DVD program The Heroic Man’s Journey, K21 works to change the often disheartening status of our culture by providing males with the tools to achieve true manhood. We believe that every man is of infinite worth—and it’s never too late to change.
K21 guides males toward manhood with the following goals as our focus:
- To inspire men to adopt a new attitude.
- To challenge and motivate men to realize and strive toward their full potential.
- To lead men to become better husbands, fathers and friends.
- To introduce a system of strong values that help men recognize and guide their anger and emotions.
- To help build strong, supportive accountability relationships between men.
- To instill a sense of respect for all women.
- To integrate faith into manhood in understandable ways.
- To lower recidivism rates.
Men continually make positive, necessary changes in their lives through our prison ministry. In each class of about 12 men, at least one man makes drastic changes in his life to such a degree that he becomes a leader in the Christian community in prison. Of the remainder of the participants, another 6 to 8 experience a wonderful change in attitude.
K21 prison groups start out with Squire: The Training of the Knight, the first 24-lesson part of our 5-part series—The Heroic Man’s Journey. Squire introduces men to manhood in understandable, relatable ways. After watching each video lesson, the men split up into smaller “campfire” groups to discuss the deeper aspects of life. The Squire workbook contains questions to help drive these growth-producing discussions. The workbooks also contain motivating action steps, pages for writing out goals and other tools to help men move even further in their manhood journey.
If you have any questions about our prison ministry or the programs we offer, please contact us at any time:
Send a donation
Servant’s Oasis is a ministry dedicated to rescuing, refreshing and growing God’s people. A core objective of Servant’s Oasis is to provide K21 curriculum to men’s ministries through matching funds, or by donating study materials to assist men in prisons, inner-city churches, community centers and other countries. To help other men discover God’s truth and live better, send your tax deductible donation to:
200 North 7th Street
Lebanon, PA 17046
Contact us for free coaching or to sponsor a prison ministry:
(press 1 for Knights, then press 3 for Tami Weissert or 4 for Chap Noles, our directors of prison outreach and ministry)
Contact Servant’s Oasis
1-800-777-0305 (press 3 for Servant’s Oasis)
K21 prison groups start out with Squire: The Training of the Knight
, the first 24-lesson part of our 5-part series—The Heroic Man’s Journey
introduces men to manhood in understandable, relatable ways. After watching each video lesson, the men split up into smaller “campfire” groups to discuss the deeper aspects of life. The Squire
workbook contains questions to help drive these growth-producing discussions. The workbooks also contain motivating action steps, pages for writing out goals and other tools to help men move even further in their manhood journey.